Wednesday 30 July 2008

My Angel !!!

(Story)
After settling down in my cozy room allotted by my company on the foreign trip,I decided to have a shower and go out for a stroll. Bored of the heavily lighted streets I started walking through a dark and deserted lane. Twenty steps of my walk, in the twilight, I witnessed a silhouette, within was an angel.
And then……..

The urge in me to touch the angel was growing exponentially and I was strolling inch by inch towards her as the desire grew. The long white robe was in reach and I touched it ;growing in confidence, I clutched it .Well,possible..Huh!! Is it another woman? Amidst the thought I felt like loosing soil beneath my leg. What on earth…Levitation ! .Holy s**t ,I am ascending along this ‘angel’ clutched to the end of her robe.

*******************************************
Lonely and dark place--with the dreams of heaven shattered I left the grip on the robe and followed her. Darkness gave way to splendid light. Not one but many angles .Hope revived and happiness sneaked into me just to be overwhelmed by the horrifying fear of getting caught .Among the crowd of angles I waited for the what seemed so inevitable. But,…..is it non-cooperation or are they just not seeing me.? She who rode me to Heavens , turned giving me the first glimpse of the captivating beauty. If at least one were there like this back there…The soft voice of her mellowed something to an angel who stood behind me. Now, for certain I know I am invisible. Fantasy of many a day rushed back and it was no more a fantasy; I could not be seen.


Why men seek for eternity, now I know. The chirruping of the cherubs descended on my ears reminding me that reveries are not removed even in the pinnacles of ecstacy. Oh, did my eyes took the grey shade or are they really worried? Auditory sensory provided the substantiation. Bits and pieces were missing ,but my mind provided the closure. Trouble is brewing in this place destined to be devoid of it; predestined happenings of earth are jeopardized by a missing link- the surreptitious I. Oh God , oh yeah , that’s God; my eyes were almost rendered jobless but ears were unfailing “He sure is here by devil’s design and we by our power and majesty cannot see the culpable humans here. He has to be found ;the way he used against Heavens has to be found. And he having committed the most heinous crime ,like all in the category shall spent thousand years in the hell before he is offered a life on earth as testing ground to gain the Heavens.” Perspiration marked the sole quality of being in me as I stood petrified. “Julie-- angel for him whose valiant efforts for him for his success in earth are now gone futile -- come to Me now” The beautiful face which I saw a while ago was immersed in agony, the beautiful angel who a while ago brought me here ,was drooped and shivering. “He is diabolic and from here he could be found only by a human. Descend to earth and bring the pious man I show you, to find him. I am helpless but for this” Well the God is not the ‘God’ I thought of as omnipotent. He is powerful but not that - “Don’t worry you can go to earth and you have to as you are his angel”. Reassurance-He doesn’t know she was there. Why then she…. “Ask the pious man to clutch your robe and ascend , he too shall be ascended”. The already miserable face of hers became cadaverous now. Yes that’s right, she is just realizing now that I came along with her. “Go. Go on”. The mercury of fear took a horrendous jump in me and He was no more in my vicinity. With unsure steps, the angel – no my angel- straggled across. Insight or intuition I clutched to her robe and she was descending. Heavens was passed over and the booming voice splattered into my ears. “ Stop. He is clinging to your robe. Burn him and send him to hell ”. The zero g pause was pleasureful but the fear of the impending denied its savoury.
The pause was brief and the journey rolled again- in the same direction. The shrilling scream “Julie ..You are cursed , the doors of heaven are closed on you” went neglected.

Angel ,my angel……

The fear in her face waded away showing the resolute features that underlay not hindering the original beauty but adding to it. She might have protected me from the bloopers ,I thought went undiscovered; she might have ,no , she have given me the reaps all the while when I were lazy to struggle for it, she have protected me from the aftermath wretchedness when my temperament deceived me, she .. she laid me in the lap of luxury. I am what I am by her….The same good old dark and deserted lane welcomed me back on earth. I left my clutch from the robe. With the ever solemn and graceful look in her face she gently touched my face and was about to turn when I mustered the courage to ask her why she turned up here earlier. Her reply made the fact that all the tricks she could do from heaven were not enough to save me that time and she had to covertly break the law to save me from the danger I was in. She just said danger and I asked no more of it but I knew it could have been the worst on the stretch of my imagination. Clarity dawned on me why she opted hell by saving me. As if knowing all by telepathy she replied – ‘this save is not a save of permanence and we will have to spend the thousand years in hell no matter how you live here now on; and remember I am not there to help you .’
‘All this years I never prayed to God; but now I shall pray, not to avert that thousand years in hell but to make you and me live here in this earth together after those years. And what else can I ask Him , rather than you, who forsook heaven and chose hell for me , to be my mother.’ A lovely smile split across her lips bequeathing the brilliance of thousand full moons to my mind.

***********************************
The End
***********************************

1 comment:

Yusuf said...

Dear Jindow.

I don't know how much of it I Understood, But one thing for sure, tears roll down my cheeks when I was reading the last para.

God Bless.

Yusuf Mohammed